Saint-Louis des Chartrons
Visitor's Rating: (0 out of 4/Number of Votes:0)
Saint-Louis des Chartrons church is situated in one of Bordeaux’ less visited zones, the district of Chartrons, North from the old town.
The name Chartrons comes from the first monastery "Nostra Dama Deus Chartrons" founded here in 1383 by monks belonging to the Order of Chartreux (or the Carthusian order).
The Saint Louis de Chartron church was built between 1874 and 1879, on the site of an older chapel built in 1726, and is the work of the architect Charles-Louis Brun.
It is a typical neo-gothic construction listed as Historic Monument. The church houses the biggest symphonic organ of the Aquitaine region and is the site of year-round organ concerts.