Visitor's Rating: (0 out of 4/Number of Votes:0)
Lubressac is one of the most beautiful villages of France ("Les Plus Beaux Villages de France").
This medieval fortified village sits on the top of a promontory overlooking the confluence of four rivers: Dordogne, Cere and Bave Mamoul.
From its highest point the village offers a wonderful panorama of the surrounding region. The site of Loubressac was inhabited since Gallo-Roman times. During Middle Ages the village and its region were under the lordship of Géraud d'Aurillac, later canonized as Saint Géraud.
In 1363 the region becomes the barony of Adhémar d'Aigrefeuille.
The Saint Jean Baptiste church of Loubressac was initially built in the 14th century but later rebuilt in the 16th century. It has a large arched vaulted nave with four side chapels.