Domme Hilltop Village
Visitor's Rating: (0 out of 4/Number of Votes:0)
Domme, memeber of the "Les Plus Beaux Villages de France"
association is a medieval village fortified by the King Philippe III in 1280 during the last years of the Cathare crusade.
Between the years 1307 and 1318 some parts of the fortification were used as a prison for around 70 Templiers. Their wall writings are still visible today in the two enterance towers.
Domme village offers also an exceptional panorama of the Dordogne valley and meander bend of Montfort.